The beauty of stir-frys is that they are so quick and easy to rustle up – perfect for a new mum whose feeding the baby in the evening or the busy mum or mum to be, whose getting in from work, putting the kids into bed and thinking about what to cook for dinner. By using a selection of vegetables you are making sure you get your daily fix of nutrients and vitamins. This recipe is easy easily adapted by using chicken breasts or tofu too!
During pregnancy and after you’re had your baby, ensuring you eat plenty of healthy good fats is essential for your body and for your baby to flourish. These good fats are found in both the wild salmon and coconut oil and help your baby’s brain and eye development. Salmon is also a key provider of protein to help improve your lean muscle and vitamin B for energy and a clear mind. Good fats also help keep skin smooth and reduce wrinkles.
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion or leek
1 pack of wild salmon fillets or 2 organic chicken breasts or one pack of firm tofu
1 handful of baby sweetcorn
1 handful of green beans
1 handful of mange tout
one handful of broccoli
OR use one pack of pre-prepared stir fry vegetables instead of the sweetcorn, beans. mange tout and broccoli.
one handful of pak choi
one handful per person of gluten free noodles or courgette noodles
4 tsp gluten free soy sauce
2 tsp fresh red chilli or chilli paste
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
- In a wok or large frying pan add 1tbsp coconut oil to a low – medium heat. Then add 1 finely chopped onion or leek and cook until softened but not browned.
- Add 1 pack of salmon fillets, chopped into 1cm thick chunks and cook until slightly browned. You can also use firm tofu or chicken breasts instead of salmon.
- Add a handful per person of any of the following; baby sweetcorn, green beans, mange tout, broccoli OR choose a pack of pre-prepared stir fry vegetables from the supermarket. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add a large handful of chopped pak choi then add 1 small handful of gluten-free noodles per person (pre-cooked if dried) or courgette noodles.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add 4tsp gluten-free soy sauce, 2tsp fresh chopped red chilli or chilli paste, 1tbsp water, 11⁄2 tsp ground coriander and 1tsp ground cumin
- Cook through and serve
Free! 7 Day Body Reset for a Fit and Healthy Motherhood.