Why this is TheBeezKneez
A perfect dish for your postpartum diet! Boost your energy with this iron packed dish that’s an excellent low calorie source of protein to improve your muscle tone. The spinach helps improve anaemia, a common complaint in postnatal women plus the cod is rich in vitamin B, which helps lower high cholesterol.
Vicky Warr devised this recipe and it’s one of her favourites as you can russle it up very quickly.
1 cod or haddock fillet
1tsp of olive oil
4-6 cherry tomatoes
3-4 small new potatoes
4 handfuls of spinach (it shrinks!)
1 tbsp of green lentils, canned (optional)
Salt and Pepper
How to make:
1. Heat the oven to 170ºC.
2. Place the fish into an ovenproof dish where there is still space around the side (as you’ll be adding the tomatoes later.
3. Spoon the olive oil over the fish and then squeeze the lemon so the juice goes over the fish and then using the lemon rub the juice onto the fish so it has sunk in.
4. Then bake at 170ºC for 25 mins – five minutes before the end of the cooking time (at around 20 minutes) add the cherry tomatoes, spooning some of the juice from around the sides over the tomatoes.
5. Return the dish to the oven so the tomatoes just bake.
6. Whilst the fish is cooking, scrub the new potatoes and steam for around 5 minutes or until soft. At the same time steam the spinach for around 2 minutes.
7. Once the fish is cooked, remove from the oven and place the new potatoes and spinach into a bowl. Layer the cooked fish and cherry tomatoes on top and
the canned lentils if using. Pour over the juices from the cooked fish and serve.
The Post Baby Belly Blitz Food Plan
Get 12 more delicious recipes including smoothies, salmon stir fry, the easy super salad and more, to help you get your body back post baby. Plus there is a one week meal plan – an easy guide to show you what to eat and when AND our pick of the best ‘super foods’ and where to buy them.
Download your free copy of the ‘Post Baby Belly Blitz Meal Plan’, suitable for breastfeeding, at: www.beezkneezhive.com. It’s a colour PDF e-book.
OR click the front cover image to your left to get your copy.