Makes enough for 6 - 8 servings (will store in the fridge for about 4-5 days)
2 smoked peppered mackerel fillets
3 tablespoons of cream cheese
1 lemon, juice of
How to make
- Remove the skin from the mackerel fillets.
- Break up the fillets into chunks and put into a food processor with the cream cheese and lemon juice.
- Pulse on low for about 20 seconds.
- Turn off the food processor and push the mixture down with a spatula and pulse again.
- Turn the food processor back on and pulse again for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Benefits in brief
- Mackerel is a good source of vitamin D for mood boost and energy.
- A good source of omega 3 good fats for healthy skin, hair and boosting collagen, your connective tissue to keep skin toned and firm.