Hello I’m Vicky
When starting out in the fitness industry, 20 years ago, pregnant women would come to my classes or see me for 1-2-1 coaching. Some were new to group exercise or gym based exercise. Some were regular gym go-ers and loved working out. Some were fun runners or more experienced athletes.
No matter what their fitness level prior to pregnancy, they all had these common frustrations:
- Their exercise options in a gym were (and still are) limited.
- They wanted to do a little ‘more’ than yoga, or water aerobics but there were no dedicated exercise classes for them.
- They didn’t know what was safe to do.
- There seemed to be some ‘big secret’ about how to exercise during pregnancy and they wanted the guesswork taken away.
But they wanted one, more than one or all of these:
- Tone up and feel strong during their pregnancy and to do it safely and comfortably for their body and baby.
- Do exercise that feels good and fun!
- Get fit to feel better about giving birth.
- Have an easier pregnancy.
- Give themselves a head start on their recovery post baby (forward planners)!
“This program takes all the guesswork out of exercising during pregnancy”
Sadie Nine, BBC Radio Presenter
I’ve spent nearly 2 decades helping over 20,000 women worldwide go from feeling ‘blah’, low on energy and disempowered in pregnancy to feeling strong, toned and body confident with minimal aches and pains and fit for the lifetime event of birth. I’ve helped reduce their risk of c-section and set themselves up to gain stronger, flatter abdominals faster after baby, with attention to fixing abdominal separation, known as diastasis recti.
My pregnancy strengthening and conditioning method for pregnancy has been developed over ten years’ worth of group fitness classes across London, my youtube channel, prenatal one to one training and my online program. I also did these very exercises during both of my pregnancies and with a complicated second pregnancy, avoided a c section and I believe this was partly due to applying my method to support my body throughout my own pregnancy.
I would love to help you too! Whilst swimming and yoga are all great forms of exercise, this is different. This is where we sculpt, tone, condition and prepare you mentally and physically to connect to your body and your baby.
“Vicky Warr is our go to health and fitness expert for mums making a significant contribution to our panel of experts. Her vast, up to date knowledge, many years of experience and engaging manner makes her someone you trust and a master at helping mothers achieve body tone, strength and vitality after pregnancy and beyond.”
A little about me…
Before going into health and wellness, I created adverts for food brands and biscuit brands and worked as a radio presenter playing dance music and 90’s classics!
I’m a mama to two school aged children who love football.
We have a working cocker spaniel dog, Harvey who we adore.
During my teens, I enjoyed synchronised swimming and the beauty of floating in the water.