A c-section is major abdominal surgery and it usually takes longer to recover afterwards as your scar is tender and you feel some pain in the stomach area. This c-section exercise is a great rehabilitation postnatal exercise which helps strengthen your core muscles. It is also suitable if you have had abdominal surgery. You can do this exercise at home and you don’t need to wear fitness clothing so you can do it before you go to bed or first thing in the morning.
The Leg Slide
- Lie on your back with your knees bent & your feet about 1 foot away from your bottom.
- Lift your toes so you are resting on your heels.
- Place your arms by your sides on the floor with palms facing upwards.
- Inhale then exhale & draw your belly button in & slowly slide one leg away, with the foot in a flexed position, keeping your heel on the floor.
- Keep tension in the lower abdominals as you straighten your leg.
- Inhale & then bring your leg & heel back to a bent knee position.
2 sets of 15 on each leg.
Do one set on one leg first before changing legs.